I created this little “user’s manual” for everyone working with me in an attempt to get us on the same page and make sure everyone’s expectations are set before the shoot. So please take a couple of minutes to read this, and if you have any questions just ask!
- No additional filters from Instagram or other photo apps.
- No additional retouching. If you have retouching requests you must make those known to me during the editing process!
- No black and white conversions.
- No added text without permission.
- No major cropping. It's fine to crop some of the image out to conform to Instagram's crop (especially with vertical photos), but removing too much of an image is considered a change of the composition. Please message me before you do it!
- Facebook: @joshuamitchell URL - https://www.facebook.com/joshuamitchell
- Instagram: @joshuacmitchell URL - https://www.instagram.com/joshuacmitchell/
- Model Mayhem: #148642 URL - http://www.modelmayhem.com/joshmitchellphotography
- Print: © Josh Mitchell Photography [please include URL if possible] joshmitchellphotography.com
- Twitter: @joshuacmitchell URL - https://twitter.com/joshuacmitchell
- Web: https://joshmitchellphotography.com/
- No significant others.
- No parents.
- No one who is distracting or discouraging.
- No one unwilling to be part of the creative process (such as assisting with lighting).
- I do edits as quick as I can, but paid work always comes first for me. It could be a couple of weeks, it could be over a month if I’m super busy.
- You have 7 days to make favorite selections from the time you get your proof gallery.
- I offer proof galleries for people as a courtesy to make sure you receive the images that benefit you the most.
- If selecting is too overwhelming or stressful just let me know and I will take care of it. I will provide detailed links to how to select images, and what to expect with retouching.
- My Website: I do not censor my website. Unless we agree prior, expect any finished images from a shoot to potentially be on my website. I refer to models on my website only by first name and links to their Instagram accounts. I can omit names and links if desired.
- Instagram: I follow Instagram's TOS as I have no desire for my account to get shut down. Instagram allows for bare butts if they are not closeups - and everything else has to be covered or censored.
- Facebook: I consider Facebook to be a safe for work, and I expect that you have family members on it who will see the images. I do not post anything suggestive or risqué on Facebook.
- Other sites: If we submit the images for publication, you will be involved in that decision. Other sites I use sometimes are Flickr, Model Mayhem, 500px, and Twitter. None of those sites have any strict censorship rules, but I treat them the same as Instagram.
"In consideration for value received, receipt whereof is acknowledged, I hereby give Joshua C. Mitchell of Josh Mitchell Photography (the photographer) the absolute right and permission to copyright and/or publish or use photographic portraits or pictures of me, or in which I may be included in whole or in part, or composite or distorted in character or form. I certify that I am of legal age in the state of California.
- All images presented remain copyright © Josh Mitchell Photography, and are protected by federal copyright law.
- Any images used for online purposes are required to be credited with a hyperlink to https://joshmitchellphotography.com or @joshuacmitchell on Instagram. Any images uploaded to Facebook must be credited/tagged in the description.
- Images are considered finished works, and may not be altered in any manner except for cropping, and minimal sharpening which may be applied to images that are being resized from the full resolution files to smaller images suitable for web use. Any other changes must be made by Josh Mitchell Photography, or written permission must be obtained.
- Images may be used for promotional purposes only, and may not be sold for profit without the express consent of Josh Mitchell Photography.
- Any image used in print must be credited to Josh Mitchell Photography in a manner that is clearly visible to anyone viewing the photograph.
- Josh Mitchell Photography authorizes you to make reproductions of these images at the photo finisher of your choice, but we are not responsible for color accuracy or poor reproduction from third party vendors."
If you have any scars, tattoos, or piercings that will be visible in our shoot that are not shown in your portfolio images, please let me know ahead of time! I have nothing against scars, tattoos, or piercings - I just like to be able to know what to expect in my subject's overall look.